Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Choose Your Own Adventure Videos: Tutorial

Last year, along with a class of outstanding 9th grade students, we created French Revolution vs. Egyptian Protest Choose Your Own Adventure (CYOA) YouTube projects.  I have had a few requests on how to go about making the projects so I put together this video tutorial.  The tutorial provides the technical insight into how to upload and link YouTube videos with the built in Annotation & Spotlight feature.  However, the most critical aspect of these projects is the planning.  Below the video is the document that my students used to plan and organize their videos.






6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Thank you for sharing. Your tutorial is really easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My students will love this. What did you use for the green screen effect? We used to use Jaycut, but now it is going away and I'm looking for alternatives. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Eliterate Librarian,

    We used iMovie and a basic green screen to create the green screen effect. I had no prior experience using a green screen, and it took a bit of practice shots to make sure the lighting was just right with the green screen. There are also a few tutorials that I found online to help me through the process.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, this is so cool! I can't wait to share this with teachers at my school! Awesome idea and a great, simple tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could easily have my geography students do this. Choose their own adventure traveling through a country! Thanks Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg, this is an awesome assignment. Thank you very much for sharing it. How did you introduce this assignment to your students? How did you manage the work along the way? Did you use a rubric? If you do, do you mind sharing it? I would love to see your project calendar for this assignment.

    ReplyDelete